Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Old Soup

In my fridge, there is mason jar 3/4 full of pea soup.  It's floated around the bottom shelf for the last 6 months.  I can't bring myself to throw it away.  Partly, I don't really know the best way to go about throwing it away.  Do I dump the soup down the sink and hope that my garbage disposal has the stomach for August-made soup? Do I chuck the whole thing in the dumpster behind my building? What if the glass breaks?  Then they're will be pea soup all over the dumpster . . . and yes, I realize it's essentially a garbage can and is allowed to stink, but still, I don't like the idea of the Jar bleeding pea soup in a dumpster.  

But that's only part of it.  I didn't make the pea soup that rests inside of Jar.  Jar and it's contents were given to me on a good-day, and a particularly limited edition brand of good-day at that. That's mostly what it is.  

1 comment:

  1. It has sentimental value! Maybe you could toss the soup but use the jar as a vase or a pencil holder or something? That way, you would remember the day and giver without the moldiness? :)

    ReplyDelete